User Security is responsible for user-facing authorization and authentication products
The User Security team ensures that all of Stripe’s users and their Stripe accounts on the dashboard have access to a world-class security product experience. The engineering focus encompasses both authentication and authorization, including dashboard roles and permissioning, and enabling enterprises to do the previous at scale.
With the ever-growing adoption of Stripe, it’s even more important that our merchants trust us to secure their accounts. Our User Security team builds customer-facing products that increase the overall security for Stripe’s merchant accounts. The team makes strategic decisions by analyzing threats on the “deep web” & customer feedback. They are challenged daily with creating great user experiences on top of building enterprise-grade login security & access controls.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to join this team in advancing the state-of-the-art and user experience in user security.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end
- Build new features for internal and external users
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization such as experts product, design, infrastructure, and operations
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy working across layers of the stack and doing and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Stripe’s engineering teams.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
You might work on:
- Adding new functionality to the Stripe dashboard to help users run their business
- Build tools for exploring data from multiple sources in a single, easy to use, portal
- Crafting and refining onboarding experiences to help users get to what they want faster while balancing regulatory, risk, and compliance requirements
- Build new systems to securely store sensitive data.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.