DollarSprout is looking for an experienced Personal Finance Editor who is eager to join a quickly growing team.
This position will involve developing and managing an editorial calendar for several personal finance related verticals. Responsibilities include managing and sourcing freelance and internal writers, SEO-based content strategy, and editing and assigning long-form editorial content.
You’ll lead a team that will play a key role in helping our 1M+ monthly readers easily understand complex financial topics. DollarSprout readers come to our site for simple, clear, actionable explanations and insights to their money questions. You’ll work closely with company leadership to develop a comprehensive content strategy that focuses on two key areas: future growth and ongoing improvements to existing content.
The ideal candidate has past editorial experience at publications similar to DollarSprout. Personal finance publishing experience is a plus, but we may be open to other candidates who have worked in SEO-oriented editorial roles outside of personal finance.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Assign and edit a consistent flow of content and hit monthly production targets. Must be able to hit deadlines.
- Recruit, onboard and provide feedback to a team of freelance writers and subject-area experts.
- Routinely work to explore new content opportunities with an SEO-focused strategy. You will be responsible for populating the editorial calendar in your vertical(s).
- Edit content to ensure it meets two key goals: 1) DollarSprout brand voice, and 2) SEO best practices.
- Leverage data and analytics to measure content performance and work closely with other editorial team members to make necessary revisions.
- Work with Assistant Editor to manage and execute ongoing evergreen content revision.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of editing and writing experience.
- 1-2 years of managerial experience is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or other related fields are preferred.
- Prior experience in financial services journalism or content creation with a basic understanding of compliance guidelines.
- Can demonstrate proven results in increasing search engine visibility through documented work in helping large brands scale beyond 1M monthly organic visitors.
- Is comfortable working remotely. Strong communication skills and self-starting initiative are musts.
- Demonstrated ability to assign and edit articles and other content to writers — both staff and freelance — in a newsroom or digital-first content environment.
You Should be Comfortable with Using:
- Asana for managing editorial calendar and ongoing projects
- Analytics Software
- Webmaster Tools
- Relevant SEO tools
- Google Drive
- Email (attentiveness is important)
Compensation and Benefits:
- $41,000-$63,000+ yearly salary depending on experience
- 401(k) with company match
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- Laptop stipend
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and sick leave balance
- 100% remote work. Co-working space stipend available.
Think you might be a good fit?
Please email your resume with the subject line “Personal Finance Editor”.
We look forward to hearing from you!