At Close, we’re building the sales communication and collaboration platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we’re leading the industry in sales automation—helping companies to close more deals, faster than ever. Since our founding in 2013, we’ve grown to become a fully profitable, 100% globally distributed team of 34 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
We are seeking a Product Marketing Manager that will be instrumental in defining our product and market positioning and will take ownership of growing our customer base and platform adoption through a wide range of marketing efforts.
This position requires a highly motivated individual with previous experience leading product marketing and GTM strategy, and who is comfortable in a fast-moving environment. The successful candidate will be customer-oriented, self-motivated and results-driven.
You have a knack for understanding people. You ask a lot of questions. You’re decisive.
As Product Marketing Manager at Close, your primary job is to understand our customer— what motivates them, what makes their job difficult, and what simply delights them. You will take these constant and ongoing learnings and deftly apply them to the way we position our brand and product to the world. After all, product marketing is at its very core, “people marketing”.
Your previous experience creating successful go-to-market plans (from high-level strategy down to tactical execution) will enable you to oversee the rollout of all new products and feature updates.
Sometimes you’ll be looking at our product marketing from a high level view—say, determining our key objectives for the quarter or the year. Other days, you may be down in the weeds yourself, writing landing page copy or working with others on the marketing team to run A/B conversion tests on site. You’re comfortable—and happy—doing both.
What you don’t know, you’ll openly admit, but then you’ll get to work figuring it out (asking others for help and/or digging deep on your own). Your self-motivation and a relentless drive to learn/do more are appreciated by all. You pride yourself on being a “clever thinker”. You’re comfortable talking with and working alongside our product, sales, development, and customer success teams. You understand your critical part in the overall machine, graciously accepting thoughts and feedback from others while offering your own expertise where you can. You pride yourself on being “overly communicative” — keeping everyone up to date with the latest product marketing wins, losses, and initiatives.
You are comfortable working remotely as part of a small team, with a high level of autonomy. You can devise your own schedule and effectively manage your workload based on the biggest opportunities and company objectives.
When you’re in the wrong or make a mistake you can admit it. You can articulate why it happened and how you’ve learned from the experience.
You are in a European or American timezone.
Above all, you understand that your success—and our success—hinges on the satisfaction and loyalty of our customers.
About The Role
You will be responsible for championing the features and benefits of the Close sales platform through our marketing messaging and market positioning. You’ll work closely with Danny (Director of Marketing) and our motley crew of marketing crushers.
Just some of the things that will come across your [metaphorical] desk…
- 4+ years experience working within a tech or SaaS organization (extra points if B2B, extra extra points if you can show a correlation between your work and company growth during your time there)
- 2+ years in a product marketing role, with a track record of successfully taking products to market (devising and executing a GTM strategy)
- Project management expertise—can coordinate and juggle a variety of projects from conception through production and ensure alignment with other internal teams (Product, Customer Success, Sales, etc).
- EXPERT command of the English language (written and verbal), with the ability to write in a wide variety of styles. Must be a copywriting pro—masterfully creating short, value-packed, relatable content to drive new conversions.
- Foundational knowledge of common marketing analytics and campaign management platforms (analytics, popular ESPs, ad networks, social platforms, etc)
Bonus points for the following skill sets:
- Front-end coding (HTML/CSS/JS, GitHub)
- Design and video (editing, Photoshop, graphics creation, etc)
- Familiarity with SaaS finance and reporting