Note: Although this is a remote position, we are only looking for candidates in European / African timezones between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
At Hotjar we’re on a mission to build the leading user feedback and analytics platform, with our product being used by over 500,000 sites in 190 countries. As part of our Business Intelligence team, you’ll work on the exciting challenges that come with large-scale web traffic and analytics.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment, 100% remotely, and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. Our focus is on true transparency and respect.
We’re looking for enthusiastic and resourceful data engineers who are passionate about turning data into insights. You want to help teams make data-informed decisions and take data-informed actions, you have a curious mindset, and you are motivated to understand our business better.
- Take end-to-end responsibility for designing, building, and maintenance of batch and real-time data pipelines and data solutions.
- Choose and manage tools and technologies to build and support a robust data infrastructure.
- Be responsible for the data modelling and schema design of our data warehouse.
- Identify bottlenecks and improve the performance of all our data pipelines.
- Ensure all necessary monitoring and backup solutions are in place.
- Be one of the primary points of contact within the organization for data pipelines, ETL processes, and complex queries required by the product or for business intelligence purposes.
- Strong experience using distributed streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka or Amazon Kinesis.
- Strong experience developing ETLs and data pipelines using Apache Spark 2.0.0 or higher.
- Strong experience with data modelling for data warehousing use-cases, design patterns, and building highly scalable and secure solutions.
- Experience with Python, PostgreSQL, and Amazon Redshift.
- Experience with Hadoop, plus distributions like EMR, Cloudera or Hortonworks.
- Experience with workflow management tools such as Airflow, Luigi or similar.
- Experience with end-to-end testing of data pipelines.
- A desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and transparent work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working
- Will submit to a background check, confidentially processed by our third-party partner.
- Knowledge of data visualization and reporting tools such as Tableau
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Redis
- Experience with Segment (CDI)
- Experience with distributed architectures and microservices.
- Experience with cloud services (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure), Containerization, configuration management and infrastructure automation.
What we offer
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team.
- A chance to positively enhance people’s experience online and make the web a better place.
- Annual learning and development budget
- Several perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. (Holiday Budget, Wellbeing Allowance, Working Together Budget, 16 weeks paid parental leave, and much more)
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €70,000 to €90,000 annually. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered will be based on relative experience. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta and Germany (for candidates who don’t require visa sponsorship). All other team members will join as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
- Total Years of Experience No Experience